The Worship Leadership program is designed to prepare students who will serve as a leaders or participants in worship ministry. The program grounds students in a biblical understanding of worship’s role in a healthy church, nurtures in them an evident commitment to spiritual life, and orients them to servant leadership through music. It is structured to ensure competency in knowledge and skills that support worship ministry, with a particular emphasis on musical skills.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate readiness for ministry through an evident and attractive Christian witness.
- Communicate an understanding of the biblical foundations for spiritual life and worship ministry.
- Demonstrate the musical and leadership gifts and abilities requisite for worship ministry.
- Plan and lead worship that is rooted in the gospel, appropriate for the setting in which it functions, and edifies those whom it engages.
- Relate to a wide variety of individuals to and with whom they are called to minister.
In addition to meeting the general admission requirements, worship leadership applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Essay (Personal Testimony, Calling to Ministry)
- Music Theory Placement Exam
- Keyboard or Guitar Proficiency
- Voice Proficiency