The Intercultural Ministries program is designed for the student who desires to minister cross-culturally. It includes a heavy emphasis on knowledge of the Word of God, along with a variety of missions and sociology courses which will enable the graduate to communicate the Gospel to and within a different culture than his/her own.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Articulate a Wesleyan theology of missions as distilled from the Old and New Testaments.
- Understand the uniqueness of Christianity among the religions of the world and its transforming influence within culture, society and individuals.
- Understand the principles of cross-cultural communication and how these dynamics can affect cross-cultural ministry.
- Experience a significant cross-cultural exchange and exhibit ability to adjust within a culture other than one's own.
- Affirm/Confirm one's role in the tast of world evangelism.