How can we serve you today?

FIND Your question under the categories below and CLICK a question to get an answer.

SEARCH our list of questions below or CALL us at 1-844-7-ANSWER

or EMAIL us at


AGS - If you would like to be withdrawn from OCU, you need to email your academic advisor with a statement indicating you would like to be withdrawn from the University. We do require that this request in writing, but we recommend calling the OCU Answer Center (1-844-726-7937) to see how your financial aid could be impacted by a withdrawal. 

Residential - To withdraw from the program, you will need to complete a withdrawal form acquired at the University Registrar's office.

Note - Be sure to review the OCU Catalog concerning the withdrawal fees and tuition credit policies. Generally speaking, it is usually best to withdraw at the end of a semester

You can find our catalog by going to

AGS - Students are allowed to miss one class for emergency circumstances in classes that are 4 or more sessions in length. You may be docked participation points and homework assignments are still due on time. You can find a complete breakdown in the AGS Catalog under "Attendance Policy You can also consult each course's syllabus for additional information.

Traditional - The amount of absences allowed depends on the number of weekly meetings the course has. You can find the current breakdown in the Residential Catalog under "Class Attendance Policy." You can also consult each course's syllabus for additional information.

Note - You can view the catalog online or download a PDF. The downloadable version can be easily searched by using the CTRL & F keys and typing in the quoted text (Windows computer only)

First things first, to qualify for the Dean's List, review the criteria below. 

AGS - Undergraduate students enrolled in at least 12 graded credit hours who achieve a GPA of at least 3.50 are included on a list that is published following each fall and spring semester.

  • The fall semester term is final by the following July, which means you can expect the list to be published (at the link below) in August.
  • Spring semester concludes by the following December, making January the timeframe for publication. 

Residential - Undergraduate students enrolled in at least 12 graded semester hours who achieve a GPA of at least 3.50 are included on a list published following each fall and spring semester.

To view the most recent and past Dean's Lists, click the link:


AGS - Final grades are submitted by professors within 15 calendar days* after the end of the course. Registrar will then finalize the grades within 15 calendar days* after the final grades are submitted. That is typically a 30 day time frame past the end of the course.

Residential - Grades are posted within 2 weeks after the end of the semester in your Sonis account. 

*times may vary due to volume


Choose Your Program

  • The Adult and Graduate Studies program is where students can take classes at one of our onsite locations one night a week or online.
  • The Residential Undergraduate program is located at our campus in Circleville, Ohio, and offers classes throughout the day during certain months of the year. 

Choose Your Major

Apply to Ohio Christian University

  • The best way to start your journey with Ohio Christian University is to apply online. A recruiter will contact you within a few days after we receive your application.

Complete Your FAFSA

  • This isn't a required step, but most students apply for federal aid through the FAFSA. This can be completed for free online. OCU's school code is 003030


We look forward to serving you! 



Our AGS and Residential (Traditional) programs have many of the same degrees, but there are also many differences. Click on the program below where you would like to learn more about the degree programs we can offer you! 

AGS Degrees Offered

Residential Degrees Offered

Generally speaking, we will need the following:

For the AGS program

  1. An application to OCU
  2. A high school transcript, diploma, GED or a college transcript with 12 or more transferrable credits
  3. A FAFSA or a Payment Plan Agreement (PPA)
  4. Additional information may be required. To learn if additional items will be required you will need to contact your recruiter or the Answer Center at 1-844-7ANSWER

For the Traditional Program

For the Post-Secondary Enrollment Option

Adult, Online, and Graduate Studies - OCU has cohorts starting in the AGS program about every few weeks as our mission is to accommodate busy schedules and our classes go year-round. Generally, a set of classes that begin between Jul - Dec are considered Fall semester, and Jan - Jun are Spring. For a more exact start date, contact your academic advisor or apply online today!

Residential Program - OCU usually starts semesters in Fall (usually August) and Spring (usually January). We also offer classes during the summer months, so there are several opportunities to enroll with OCU! If you haven't already, apply today! If you're already enrolled with OCU, your schedule information should be located in your Sonis account. 


AGS Advising and Scheduling

Click here to be taken directly to the form. 

- or - 

Begin at the MyOCU dashboard and then click College of Adult & Graduate Studies (AGS) to the left > AGS Advising top left > Request for Verification if you scroll down it is in the middle of the page under Advising Forms

(Loan servicers verify enrollment with a different process. Please contact the Answer Center if this is why you are requesting verification) 

To answer this question, you'll need to log into your student SONIS account and then click on Academics > Schedule. Here you can see both past courses and upcoming classes. If your next class is within 4 days of starting, you'll also see the class available in your E360 account. 

If you are attending an onsite location, you will be guided by the room number by a site coordinator or posted signs directing you to where to go. Feel free to contact us if you have more specific questions. 

AGS students will need to email their advisor. Add/Drop requests do need to be in writing, but students can call the Answer Center to discuss the impacts on their financial aid or  to set up a personalized appointment with their advisor for additional questions concerning the process. 

Residential students will need to work with the registrar's office on campus. You can begin the process by using forms located here.

The AGS advising structure is based on program of choice and a student's last name. The Answer Center can assist you in identifying your advisor if you need contact information or to reach your advisor by phone appointment. You can also see a complete list of advisors from the link below.

Tip - Your advisor has likely had contact with you through phone or email, but this information is also listed for you in your SONIS account under Academics > Schedule

The complete list of academic advisors

Financial Aid

First, take a look at your payment options here!

If you simply want to make an online payment, click here! To view a walkthrough with instructions on how to set up reoccurring or one-time payments, please see the document below titled, "Online Payments Walkthrough". 

You can get more information regarding online payments by calling us at 1-844-7ANSWER

The 1098-T form is a tax form sent out each year (before Jan. 31st) to students who had tuition or other applicable charges in the prior tax year. You will only have a 1098T form if your total charges billed during the calendar year is greater than $0. You'll receive a copy in the mail, and can access the form once available in your SONIS account under General > 1098-T

The Award Packet is a set of 3 (or more) documents that will overview what you were awarded in financial aid. On this document, you can see your yearly award amounts, your billing statement for the semester, and a form that will determine how any excess funds are handled. You can also use this form to adjust your loan amounts and reject part or all of your loans. Award packets are sent out to you in the mail 1 time per school year days after your aid is officially calculated for the semester. Please sign and return this document to the financial aid office.  

PPA – Payment Plan Agreement is used for students who don’t plan on taking out loans to help cover the costs of their education. If you don't plan on using the FAFSA, a PPA will be a requirement in the admissions process. Click to complete the PPA today.


This FAQ will be a very brief overview. The financial aid process can be overwhelming, but with help from our staff at OCU, we can guide you through this process. 

Investing in your education usually comes in 1 of 3 ways.

  1. You apply for student loans and grants by completing the FAFSA
  2. You pay as you go either out of pocket, military benefits or employer reimbursement and will need to complete a Payment Plan Agreement (if you do a FAFSA, a PPA is likely not required) 
  3. You have a combination of the above methods​​​​​

Most students will use the FAFSA - the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The FAFSA determines your eligibility for both grants and loans. You want to ensure you complete the right FAFSA for the school year you're registering for. The FAFSA year indicates a Fall and Spring semester, so the 18/19 FAFSA works for Fall 2018 (July-Dec) and Spring 2019 (Jan-Jun). Example - if you're applying for classes beginning in Spring 2018, you'll need to do the 17/18 FAFSA)

Note - Some FAFSA applications will require additional documentation referred to as "verification" steps that have specific guidelines to complete. You'll receive notifications via email if you need to complete a verification. 

In order to accept student loans, students are also required to complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling by logging into the federal website with your FSA ID.

After you have completed the FAFSA and verifications, you'll receive an award packet in the mail detailing what you qualify for the year.

We know the financial aid process can be a little overwhelming, so here are some additional resources that will give you more information. 

The OCU Answer Center and the OCU Financial Aid teams are prepared to help you throughout this journey. Give us a call if you have questions along the way.  

Select your program to view the tuition charges. 

Adult and Graduate Studies

Residential program


There are 2 ways to request an OCU transcript. You can use the Transcript Request form, or complete the process entirely online by using the Clearinghouse

You can choose to request either unofficial or official transcripts, and can even choose to place a rush order if you need them quickly. Standard requests are processed in about 2 business days. 

For the request to be approved, be sure that . . .

1.    You have allowed enough time for everything to be finalized (several weeks after your last course)

2.    You do not have an outstanding balance

3.    You have a payment option ready for the processing fee (unless requesting an unofficial via email with the transcript request form) 

There are three categories of courses that you will need to complete before graduation

Types of courses:

  • 1. General Education Courses (e.g. Intro to Math, Earth Science, Student Success)
  • 2. General Elective Courses (e.g. Bible Study Methods, Intro to Business Management, Ministry Methods)
  • 3. Core Program Courses (e.g.  Business Law, Principles of Behavior, Pastoral Leadership)

Your Options (AGS):

  1. You can review the AGS academic catalog for more detailed information regarding degree requirements. 
  2. The next course of action is to email your academic advisor and request a "Degree Audit" to see exactly what courses you need for graduation, or review a past audit that you've received. 
  3. The degree audit will be sent to your email as an attachment and will give you a detailed overview of the General Education, Electives, and Core credits that you have taken comparatively to the amount of credits that are required for your specific program. 
  4. If you're not sure of your academic advisor's email address, simply contact the Answer Center (or check your emai account) for more information!

Your Options (Residential):

  1. Compare your completed courses to the Residential catalog of the year you enrolled (or which program path you are following). 
  2. Review what courses are still needed and review the upcoming courses in Sonis (Find a guide and course schedules)
  3. Once nearing completion, schedule a meeting with the University Registrar team. 

After you have ensured that you have completed your degree requirements (check with your advisor if you are unsure), you will need to complete the "Intent to Graduate" form in SONIS. This form should be made available to you as you get close to completing your degree. 

If you plan on attending commencement, you will need to indicate your preference in the application and you will receive more information closer towards the date of commencement which is usually held in April or May. 

For more information about commencement, check out the Commencement FAQs

If you do not plan on going to commencement, you will receive your diploma, honors cords, and diploma case in the mail after completing your degree requirements and there is no outstanding balance.

Diplomas are usually sent about 8-10 weeks after the end date of your last course. Be sure to complete the following:

  1. All classes and requirements for your degree
  2. The "Intent to Graduate" form (located in SONIS)
  3. Have paid any remaining balance that may be on your account. 
  4. Have read the note below



OhioLINK is a network of Ohio libraries compiling both physical and electronic resources to grant users a large network of resources to aid in the higher education process. Many courses will ask you to provide evidence and research, and OHIOLink is a great place to find quality references. 

For assistance with OhioLINK, your library number, or other library related questions contact the Maxwell Library team at 740-477-7737 or by emailing them at  (Library Hours)

Here at OCU, the headache of searching every few weeks for the right edition of your next class’s textbook is not a problem. All of your books are automatically shipped to you and you should receive them a week before your class begins.

1.       Tree of life is the company that we work with. They can be contacted at 1-888-392-2930 or

2.       Be sure to update your address in SONIS if your address changes and ensure that your address updates with Tree of Life. You can check that by logging into Tree of Life's website here -

3.       You can save money on your textbooks by requesting used books or rental options. Go to your SONIS account and select “Books and Preference”

4.       Tree of life will send you information and updates through your OCU email. Be sure to check it often!

5.       Important - Not every class will have a physical textbook. 

OCU Software

E360 is your central resource for your coursework here at OCU and is where you'll access  . . . 

1.       Course Documents (Syllabuses, weekly guides, class slides, etc.)

2.       Drop Boxes (for turning in your homework assignments) 

3.       Grades for each course and each course assignment

4.       Alerts regarding any news updates about E360, classes, or other OCU related news

5.       Discussion forums with your classmates and the professor for conversations throughout the week (these are incorporated as assignments for online students)

Reset Forgotten Password

All OCU web portals have links available to help you reset your password. Simply click the “Forgot Password” link on any of our web portals (myocu, e360, etc.) or visit and follow the prompts. You should see a page similar to the image below.

Note: Some accounts may be unable to use the self-service option. If you need assistance, please contact Blazertech at 740-420-5907

Password Reset Screen

Self-Service Reset Failure

If you see the following screen or something similar, this means you will need to contact Blazertech at 740-420-5907 for assistance. We look forward to speaking with you to get this resolved. 

Update Existing Password

If you know your password and want to change it, simply: 

  1. Visit
  2. Click the settings button
  3. Click Change Password.

Change Password

MyOCU is your source for information about OCU. Time spent to explore this system will be well utilized as this resource contains crucial resources and helpful content that will make your educational experience even better! Login today and check out some of the pages below. 

1. Frequently used MyOCU Pages

2. Search Tool

  • At the top left of the dashboard, you can search the entire MyOCU database for the information for which you are looking.

To install Microsoft Office, visit and login with your Ohio Christian University email and password. In the top right hand corner, you should see Install Office Apps. Follow the on screen instructions, and Office 365 will download onto your computer. Once it’s installed, login with your University login and it will activate office for you.

Install Office

SONIS  is built to be your hub of personalized information that you can access 24/7. Below is a snapshot of the information you can find within your SONIS account. 


  • Your Biographic information and student ID 
  • 1098-T
  • Location to update your address, phone number, etc. 
  • Holds (if applicable)


  • Charges credits, and awards organized per semester


  • Attendance information
  • All registered courses
  • Final course grades
  • Course evaluations
  • Major, Degree Level
  • Advisor's Name


  • FERPA consent form
  • Intent to Graduate form
  • Shipping info and preference for textbooks

Student Loans

There are two ways to do this:

1) Fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Click here to find a video walkthrough. (Search for the school year for which you're enrolling. I.e. 17-18 FAFSA) 

2) Some lending organizations offer private student loans separate from the FAFSA if you wish to apply for loans outside of federal student loans. 

If you need assistance with filling out the FAFSA application, feel free to contact the FAFSA Helpline: 1-800-433-3243

If you are asking about verification, you likely received an email from the financial aid office informing you of which type(s) of verification for which you were selected. Both the information on how to complete and access the necessary forms are included in the email (OCU email). The exact steps for completing the verification are located on the forms.

If you need help with the verification process, you can contact the Answer Center.

Special Instructions for the following verifications:

Identity and Education Purpose Form: This form has to be notarized and sent physically through the mail; or you may physically come to one of our campuses to verify your identity.

Default Resolution: Students will need to contact the Department of Education. Contact the Answer Center or the Financial Aid Office for more information.

Standard Independent Verification Worksheet: This form requires supporting documentation like W-2s and often a tax return transcript that must be obtained from the IRS

You will be able to see this information in your SONIS account, and it will be mailed to you in your award packet.

The information will be in SONIS after (1) all of the necessary information is received, (2) you are scheduled for your semester, and (3) financial aid has processed the information and placed the amounts on your account (usually 1-2 weeks before the start of your semester if these steps are completed). You can find this information by going to SONIS and clicking on the “billing” tab. Ensure the proper semester is selected at the top.


Students who wish to take out loans are required to complete both the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling. 

The MPN (or the loan agreement for a subsidized/unsubsidized loan) is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) with any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(s). For instance, it will include information on how interest is calculated and what deferment and cancelation provisions are available to you.

The Entrance Counseling is used to help you understand what it means to take out a federal student loan. 

Download our walkthrough (here) for a guide on the steps you'll need to take to complete the MPN and EC.

If you have any questions about filling out either of these out, feel free to contact the Entrance Counseling helpline: 1-800-557-7394


TMS and OCU Refund Process


You can activate your card here. Download the Prepaid Card Activation Guide (here) for assistance with activation.


Note that the website has recently changed, but the instructions haven't changed too dramatically. A new guide will be uploaded at a later time. 



The default option for loan overage disbursements is physical check. You can receive your funds via direct deposit or opt to request a prepaid card on which the funds will be loaded once all of the qualifications are met. 

Follow these steps

  1. Check your OCU Email account for a TMS Registration Email
          Note - If you do not have this email, you'll need to go to the TMS website ( and click "Resend Registration Email"
  2. Enter the registration code
  3. Create your password
  4. Select "Payment Preferences"
  5. Verify all steps are completed before finishing the process

Tip - On this website, you can set up text alerts that will notify you about when your overage is being processed. 

A qualified student can expect to receive a refund typically 10 weeks into their semester or at the end of their second course if all below requirements are met. Requirements include:

  • FAFSA and all Verifications (if needed) are complete and turned in
  • Semester Credits exceed semester charges
  • The funds have been sent to OCU (we receive funds usually 9-10 weeks into semester)
  • Have completed the first course in the semester
  • Have completed 4 weeks of active participation in second course
  • Actively participating when funds are being disbursed

Students should reasonably expect to receive a financial aid refund at the end of their second course, as long as all of the above requirements have been met. Absences or missing paperwork will delay the processing of the funds.

If you still have questions about when you will receive your refund, please call the Answer Center and we would be able to help explain the process and provide you with an estimated disbursement timeframe.

Your overage amount is based upon the amount of aid awarded from the government/other entities (FAFSA, scholarships, grants, employer reimbursement, etc.) minus the tuition and book fees charged to your account. Confirm you have an overage by taking a look at your semester charges and credits in SONIS under the Billing tab. Please note that if your financial aid is displayed in the "Awards" column, the funds are estimates and haven't yet been sent to the university. 


Description Charges Credits Awards
Total Tuition, Books, and Fees $4,000    
Total Grants, Loans, Scholarships, Etc.   $5,000  

                                                          Balance:    ($1,000)

It is important to remember that any type of course or program withdraw will affect the overage you may see on the account. If there are currently adjustments of any kind not yet finalized, then the amount you see would not yet be up-to-date. If you have questions about the amount you see feel free to call the Answer Center and we would love to help